Facts, and Factors About Asbestos That Should Keep You In The Know
Asbestos is a category of heat-resistant material that were used ages ago in America during construction works. Being a fibrous and heat-resistant material means it is not safe for human consumption, no wonder it is one of the leading causes of serious medical conditions. It is believed there is an over 2 million ton exposure of asbestos to this harmful and life-threatening ingredients. It goes without mentioning such an exposure has brought about very serious facts that are worth mentioning here in a world where exposure to asbestos is inevitable.
Fact one about asbestos is that they can be found anywhere and everywhere that you could ever imagine. From the soil to the water and even the moving air, they are just about to present in every single thing. Asbestos are also present in heaps of wastes that contain asbestos particles as well as in factories or mines. Further to that, it is worth mentioning the most common way you get exposed to asbestos is through the air. This justifies the need for thorough asbestos testing in your living spaces to ensure you are safe from these life-threatening and harmful particles.
Asbestos exposure has been documented as a major cause of the toes and fingers clubbing. You will know your fingers and toes have started to club when the surrounding skin starts to harden and thicken. It is attributed to inefficient supply of oxygen in the blood and as a result the fingers and toes will appear club-like, bulbous and deformed. This is always a wake-up call to make haste and seek urgent medical attention should you notice any of the said signs as it could be a sign of exposure to asbestos. Fact number three on asbestos exposure is that it can lead to cancer. More research is required, but you should know that cancer is a life-threatening condition especially when it is mesothelioma and such like deadly types of cancers. Unfortunately, it may take quite a long time for the cancer signs and symptoms to start to show up.
You have probably seen it on a website that deals with asbestos facts that it cannot be broken down into any chemical property known to man. Put otherwise, you don’t expect an exposure to asbestos to be metabolized or to get easily absorbed into your body system. Now you understand why some signs and symptoms may start to show their ugly face sometimes even after 50 years of exposure. With this info. at hand, no doubt you will make informed choices to keep yourself and your loved ones safe from asbestos exposure.